Well, now I'm confused. I've never heard anything about low blood sugar, seizures, etc. We live in Washington state. The way they explained it to me is that the fructose molecules aren't getting through the membrane of the small intestine into the bloodstream, so they go straight down into the lower parts of the intestine and bacteria "eats" them and more and more bacteria grows. If you can't eat any sugar, then you have malabsorption of all sugar, right? ie dextrose, glucose, etc. I was told that dextrose and glucose are okay.