Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more

need treatment suggestions

pmauzy Message
13 Feb 2009, 01:02 PM

I have a 66-year-old sister who was diagnosed with paraneoplastic limbic encephalitis approximately 1 year ago. Her doctors are giving her steroids and "resenting" her antibodies (plasma exchange) to combat the disease. She continues to grow in size and decrease in energy. Does anyone have any treatment suggestions that might help my sister survive this horrible disease? Does she need to continue with the steroid infusions which create other problems? Comments?
khaburkli Message
1 Apr 2009, 01:15 AM

Dear Lady: I'm sorry for what you have been going through. I read that patients with anti_ta and anti hu antibodies have severe neurological complications. I just wonder, what was the primary tumor diagnosed in your sister? All I can say, it is that some time alternative medicine can aliviate pt's symptoms. Some of them are not FDA approved, and you have to be careful with drug interaction with other medicines, or even contraindications. When I was taking, this class Health care and prevention at the U, I read about this guy, Kevin TRudeau. He has written many books, you may want to contact him and see if he can guide you. I am a first year PA student, and I am doing a paper on this desease. This is how I found you. I f you were kind, Would you mind telling me a little bit more about "resenting antibodies" and the treatment dosis? I wish you well, and the best luck in this difficult journal that you and your sister are encounting. Sincerely, KBT
pmauzy Message
2 Apr 2009, 11:21 AM

I just visited my sister, and she is definitely not going to live much longer. The steroid treatment has increased her body size by a huge amount, and she no longer can carry on any reasonable conversation. I wish that someone knew how to cure this dreaded disease and could find more effective ways to treat the problems without using steroids. Does anyone else know about or have this disease?